As the holidays approach, it’s time for everyone to give thanks for the tools and miscellaneous items that keep us all sane during work hours. Here are ours:
1. An iPad that can be a laptop replacement. Finally, Apple gives us the thing that was on all our holiday lists. iPad Pro’s 12.9-inch screen lets us view things clearly (5.6 million pixels) and easily select and mark items with multi-touch technology (finger or stylus). Thankfully, it also has the new split-screen feature we’ve all been waiting for, making it an enterprise-friendly device sure to improve the way we use our business apps.
2. Samsung Pay. Obviously, we love Apple products, but it must be said that Samsung Pay is much cooler than ApplePay. We don’t know how they did it, but it’s accepted just about everywhere we shop and is super secure—for which we are very thankful. You use your fingerprint as part of the transaction, and payment information isn’t stored or shared.
3. Wearable technologies. These are fun and getting more useful by the minute. Whether it’s Fitbit to help motivate you out of your chair or AppleWatch to view texts and keep you from double booking appointments, we’re psyched about wearables and what’s coming next in this new tech category for app development.
4. Outlook bug fix. We’re incredibly thankful that Microsoft fixed the bugs that prevented us from using it with El Capitan (the latest Apple OS). Otherwise, we’d be stuck using Mail, which sucks. You know we have always been huge fans of real QA and Testing.
5. Office 365. In a similar vein, the new Office works on iOS 9.1. Enough said.
6. Amazon same-day delivery. Yup, this has saved us more than once. And for that, we are forever thankful to Amazon.
7. Curry burritos. Every developer knows that work fuel can make or break your productivity. So we’re thankful that the Mexican joint down the street from our office has the best salsa in town because they add—wait for it—curry.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you from the team at Pyramid!