Who wants to test software? It takes time to do and the problems it may uncover take even more time to fix. “Best effort” testing is fine if your budget allows for rushed post-release fixes, endless patches, and lost revenue to competitors with better (or better tested) software. Perhaps a more sensible solution is to engage a functional testing protocol that keeps internal resources skill-focused and that can even shorten the development process. Pyramid’s functional testing provides critical support to help you get past the bottlenecks caused by ever-shortening release cycles and increasingly complex systems.
The most frequently used testing practice in the software development life cycle— ensures that the functional requirements for an application are properly satisfied. Pyramid’s quality assurance and test designers provide end-to-end functional testing services for product companies and independent software vendors (ISVs).
Functional testing is critical to achieving high software quality. Products that do not undergo thorough quality assurance, including functional testing, carry greater risks now than ever before because of the changes in end user expectations and demands. Pyramid’s software quality assurance designers (SQAD) apply a tailored methodology to functional, GUI, database, and regression testing. What’s more, as an independent third party, our testing is objective and unbiased, ensuring that product familiarity and other potentially compromising factors play no role in accurate determination of product quality.
Pyramid Functional Testing Key Strengths
- Pyramid’s test approach provides a range of solutions, supports various development methodologies (including Agile), and incorporates testing types including functional, system integration, system acceptance, end-to-end, usability, and globalization.
- Our testing experts possess comprehensive experience across domains and technologies.
- Requirements Valuation Framework (RVF) identifies the ambiguity defects in the requirement phase of the Software Test Lifecycle.
- Our Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) ensures that all requirements are tested.
- Risk-based Testing Methodology incorporates inputs of business risks, project risks, and technology risks to ensure optimal testing.
- Comprehensive test metrics ensure absolute transparency and visibility with unit testing metrics, defect trends metrics, testing productivity metrics, process quality metrics, and testing progress metrics.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly status reports show in-depth analysis of test execution status and defects. The reports leverage a variety of models and techniques to publish actionable reports and application health check dashboards.
- Rankings prioritize test cases, which cover key business flows.
- Our experts test individual components and processes before testing the entire system.
- Our QA technical experts bring extensive experience in both open source and commercial functional testing tools.
- Our Centers of Excellence have helped multiple enterprises implement organized approaches to functional testing solutions.
- We have built an internal framework with the right mix of automation tools and proprietary methodologies, resulting in significant reductions in both testing cycle times and testing effort.
If users wrote the rule books on software development, we would be able to get email on our toasters and like our friends’ posts on the bathroom tiles. But until that day comes (and it will), we’ve got to do the best we can, which means creating a seamless software experience across the rapidly growing range of devices within our grasp today. Pyramid is here to help your company create an effective and consistent user experience across phones, tables, laptops, workstations… and whatever is next to come down the pike. Whether it’s commercial, for all the world to see, or behind-the-firewall top-secret enterprise business, we are here to make your software look and function the same everywhere.
To reach the most users, software applications should work seamlessly across a range of technologies. Pyramid compatibility testing checks applications for flexibility and responsiveness across different browsers, operating systems, devices, and databases. We determine how well a system performs in a particular environment and across variables such as hardware, network, operating system, mobile, and other matching software.
Technology advancements and emerging platforms in web and mobile have created many challenges for software development teams. Issues arise primarily due to lack of experience and unavailability of test environments. Pyramid’s comprehensive compatibility testing process involves creating hardware and software configurations, then designing and running tests in real environments to ensure that an application is compatible across these environments. Our testing lab is configured with a wide range of equipment, enabling us to create myriad testing environments and configurations that leverage the cloud for maximum compatibility and testing accuracy. Pyramid’s experienced QA designers perform various compatibility tests, including hardware, operating systems, software, network, browser, devices, mobile, and versions.
Our QA COE internal research team constantly tracks new O/S, browser, and mobile device releases, capturing typical usage statistics that could trigger proactive compatibility testing.